Webster's New World ® College Dictionary and Roget's A-Z Thesaurus is a software bundle of the Webster’s New World ® College Dictionary and the Webster’s New World ® Roget’s Thesaurus. This package is the perfect reference to use at school, at the office, or at home!
WEBSTER'S NEW WORLD ® COLLEGE DICTIONARY
The 5th edition combines the most up-to-date information about our language and our world to present a completely revised, updated and expanded reference. Millions of users worldwide value this unique combination of features, found in no other dictionary:
* Clear, readable definitions that provide instant understanding
* More than 160,000 entries with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, and authoritative guidance on usage and style points
* Over 800 illustrations, biographical photographs and maps
* 12,000 specially identified Americanisms
* 4,700 terms from the areas of arts and sports, science and medicine, computers and the Internet, food, business, politics, and law
* Thousands of well-revised examples of current word usage
Webster's New World ® College Dictionary is the most useful and authoritative dictionary you can own. More than 4,700 entries and senses have been added, including terms from the areas of arts and sports, science and medicine, food, computers and the Internet, business, law and politics. Thousands of revisions have been made to existing senses to reflect current usage. About 12,000 Americanisms have been included to extensively cover the words, phrases, and senses first used in the United States.
This dictionary features advanced word definitions, complimented with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, drawings and authoritative guidance on usage and style points, all well-organized in a clear and accessible defining style.
Webster's New World ® College Dictionary, 5th edition is selected by leading newspapers as their official dictionary of choice. It is a favorite of newsrooms and copy editors nationwide and it is the official dictionary of The Associated Press Stylebook.
WEBSTER’S NEW WORLD ® ROGET’S THESAURUS
This reference opens up the world of words and leads you to more precise and effective communication. Thousands of synonym entries i